Monday, June 21, 2010

Sedro-Wolley to Marblemount, Wa.

Miles 77.2
Elevation gain 1648
Ride time 5:35

Today we left under grey and misty skies, heading out of town towards our next destination that was supposed to only be 52 miles away. It started raining pretty early on. I had switched to my rain booties and my oh to wonderful rain jacket (Andrea, I owe you big time!). We somehow missed a turn. It was hard to see since it was raining so hard and we ended up going an extra 25 miles before we finally arrived at our hotel for the night.
The place was a cabin resort out in the trees, with about a dozen bunnies running all over. We were exhausted and soaked when we got in.
The cabin had this blasting heater, so even thought it was boiling in there, our stuff dried out pretty good overnight. We shared our cabin with Gloria, founder of the Company. We each had our own bedroom, and my bed had seen better days. But it was clean and dry, so I was happy to have it. Tomorrow is going to be one of our longest days, climbing over 2 mountain passes for a 90 mile day.
Hopefully it won't snow!

No comments:

Post a Comment