Monday, June 28, 2010

Sandpoint- rest day

Between yesterday afternoon and today, I did laundry, cleaned the bike and mailed back a few things that I did't really need anymore.
The thing with being this far north is, it gets light about 4:30am. So I woke up at 4:30. I made myself go back to sleep until 6. The hotel had free breakfast so Jennifer, Amy and I went to check it out. We had a few things to eat. We then walked around to find a Cafe or something that would have a nicer breakfast, but could't find one. We went back for round two at the free breakfast. It is amazing how hungry I am. I am trying not to overeat, but I eat hungry a lot. The challenge will be to scale it all back when I get home!
We checked out the town. There is a nice bike shop and some fun stores. There is actually a beach with sand. The lake water is very cold, though. I noticed few swimmers in the water!
Today was a good day to just recover. Tomorrow we have a very long day. We will ride into Montana tomorrow. The country that we have seen so far is absolutely some of the most beautiful I have ever seen. The mountains, all of the flowers and waterfalls, the rushing creeks and wide rivers and the lush green fields and farms are truly magnificent. Seeing it all on a bike has been a real treat. The simplicity of bike touring really adds to the experience for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment