Thursday, June 17, 2010

Arrived in Anacortes!

Today I left Oakland for Seatle, then I took a 2-1/2 hour shuttle to Anacortes. It was a long ride up, but I listened to music and enjoyed not having to drive.
The shuttle driver was nice and dropped me off right in from of the hotel instead of at the regular stop, which was the Shell gas station about a mile away.
I have a nice big room, complete with a fake fireplace and a microwave oven! My box was waiting for me as planned. I opened it up and got my cycling shoes and my helmet. I stuffed them in my backpack and walked to the bike shop, about a mile away. I was so relieved to see my bike-"T" looking shiny and ready to go. I asked the guy at the shop what was the best way to get back as the road they are on was a busy one.
He told me to go down towards the water and make a right at the light. A bike trail would take me back, then I could cut over to the street the hotel was on.
I changed my shoes, put on my helmet and off I went. It was a great trail, right next to the water.
Of course, water is everywhere, it is so pretty here. There are islands all around and a big bay inlet. I will do some exploring tomorrow.
I got back to the hotel and put all the stuff back on the bike;water cages, tool bag, pump, my bento box, handlebar bag and my new Garmin.
I ran into Holly Edwards from the UGRR trip in the hallway, so we went to the pizza place with a couple of other gals and had some food and a beer.
One of the ladies has the camera uploaded for an iPad....she said I could use it! Yay, now I can put some photos up....stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment