Sunday, July 4, 2010

Lake McDonald-rest day

I slept in some today. Jennifer and I have an upstairs corner room with a tiny view of Lake McDonald. It is a nice big room, except no coffee pot! in desperation, I made press coffee with the hottest tap water that was available. A few in our group planned excursions, but all I wanted was to clean my bike and have some time to take it easy. We walked down to the lodge and had some breakfast. Then I came back and started taking all the extra stuff off my bike so I could start cleaning it. It is amazing how light my bike is when all the extra stuff is off of it. It took quite a while it get her back in shape, but finally she was clean, with clean chain and a new wax job.
Jennifer and I took the shuttle to Apgar Village, about a 15 minute bus ride away. We looked around in the gift shops and took some pictures, then headed back. We heard from those who had been on the red car excursions that it was freezing...glad we missed that!
I had bought a book at the gift store so I read and lazed- just like a rest day should be. Tomorrow we ge to go to the top of Logan Pass!

No comments:

Post a Comment