Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Chester to Havre, MT

Miles 59.4
Ride time 3:20
Elevation gain 911'

Today we woke up to glorious blue skies, no wind and warm sun. It was so nice! I got to put on sunscreen for a change!
We headed put of Chester along Highway 2. Many in our group have been getting quite a few flats from all of the glass that is along the shoulder. We had a nice ride out along the wheat fields and the grain silos. We saw antelope today standing off in the distance. The ride today took us through a few small towns like Joplin, Inverness, Rudyard and Hingham before rolling into the larger town of Havre. Jennifer has been trying for the last couple of days to teach me to say it right. Havre is pronouced "Have-Ray". I seem to have a brain block on that one. We have a rest day here. I am ready to sleep in and have an easy day. Of course, I need to clean my bike, which got filthy in the last rain and I hope to catch up on a nap and maybe a little reading. Our next segment of riding will be the
Iongest yet-7 consecutive days without a rest day. Our first day out of here will be a 92 miler. So I will use tomorrow as a true rest day. We are now smack in the middle of Montana!

No comments:

Post a Comment