Friday, July 9, 2010

Havre, MT rest day

Today it was really nice to sleep in. We walked across the street and had a decent breakfast. The hotel had a breakfast, but I walked in and decided it was too grim..I would rather pay!
I did a deep clean on the bike again. Hopefully our rainy days are behind us now. My poor bike has really been through quite a bit on this trip. There are a few more dings in the paint, but we earned every one of them. She is shined up and ready to go now.
Jennifer and I took the free hotel shuttle to Walmart. I wanted a couple of cheap tops since everything is so big on me. I found a couple of things, nothing too fancy, but at least they fit. We completed the shopping tour with a swing through K Mart. It was getting hot so we called for the shuttle back to the hotel. I was glad we didn't have to walk back-it was a rest day after all!
The second group on our tour came in this afternoon. We pretty much took over a big area of the parking lot. It was nice to see the other group and meet some of them.
A few of us took the shuttle to a steakhouse on the other side of town for dinner. We had a fun time and a nice dinner. We then headed back to pack up for the next day. We have a big day tomorrow...92 miles. We start a 7 day stretch of riding before our next rest day. It is supposed to be warm tomorrow.
So I must correct my previous post as far as how to pronounce Havre. The correct pronunciation is "Have urr". Boy, that was a challenge for me! By the time I got it down, it's time to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment